Voting

Friday, September 19, 2008

I survived the NY Subway!

Wow! The kid's first day of school took a lot out of me. I needed a week to recover. Ok, 2 weeks.


On Monday, I took Big Daddy to see a Yankee's game. The Yankees are his favorite team; Mickey Mantle, his idol. So, when he mentioned that he was sad that he had never actually seen them play, I decided to buy us some tickets and journey to the Bronx before the stadium came tumbling down.


He was so excited to be going to see his team play; I was excited to be going into Manhattan for lunch!

Ok, so I amthe typical tourist; shoot me! Oh never mind, by the looks of this picture, somebody already did!

We took the NJTransit from Hamilton, into Penn Station. Then we went up to the street to walk around a bit and have some lunch before descending into the dark hole known (to me, anyway) as the New York Subway.

The trip wasn't as bad as I had imagined, even though I had to stand and hang on for dear life; swinging and swaying like a pole dancer. When we ascended the stairs, the street was alive with tourists and Yankees fans, all taking pictures of the new stadium. There it was in all it's glory.


The new Yankees Stadium


We wandered around under the train tracks, looking at t-shirt shops, hat shops....Big Daddy didn't want one of "those" hats; he wanted one from inside!


So whatever Big Daddy wants, Big Daddy gets...

Um, no, you cannot have a hat like Mickey Rivers'.Outside the stadium, somebody painted on a wall in a parking lot. This shot shows Mickey Mantle (L) and Joe DiMaggio (R)Here's the whole gang:


Inside the stadium, here's another gang:


Yup, this is as close as we got to Monument Park. They only allow so many people through there at each game! How fair is that? :::note sarcasm::: Before the game started, I took a bunch of pictures and I will not even attempt to tell you who these guys are but if you are a baseball fan, Big Daddy said you would know.



FOUL BALL!!

This guy comes in, late, toting a bag and a toddler. Who takes a 3 year old to a ballgame?!Oh, perhaps when the 3 year old is a huge fan? This kid was so excited, he almost lost his PB&J! He was my favorite part of the game.Some of the Yankees fans are crazy! You'd never catch Philadelphia fans doing anything like this!

Hmmph! The Phillies will disagree!


1 comment:

Beth S. said...

You are one of my favorite couples! I don't get to see enough of big daddy :(