Voting

Friday, November 7, 2008

While You Wait

I don't know about you but, I hate waiting. I am impatient and I must have instant gratification. I had lots of that today.

I had to take my embroidery machine in to fix a self induced problem. The repair man told me to give him at least a few hours. No problem; I was in my old neighborhood (an hour away from home) so I planned to meet a friend (Just An Old Fashioned Gal) for lunch and maybe do a little shopping.

While I was shopping in Home Goods, I found a basket full of items, each one was right there waiting for me. I found a beautiful tablecloth and then found exactly 2 packages of 4 each, napkins, in the clearance aisle! Then I walked over to the toy aisle and found the perfect toy for The Kid--a balance board with a picture of his favorite thing, a duck!

After that, I turned around and there was my friend (she said she was tired of waiting for me)!

No waiting continued at the checkout line (no line). While I was paying, my phone rang and it was repairman letting me know that he had finished and my baby was ready!

We were pretty hungry so we jumped in our cars (yup, you guessed it; right in the first space) and went to a restaurant just down the street. Table for 2? Right this way! 12:30 and no waiting? Our food came out before we even had a chance to catch up.

This is what happens when you try to take a picture of yourself!

So in all, my day was great. After I left my friend at the restaurant, I was driving toward home when I saw the funniest thing. Well, it may not be funny to everyone but, it struck me so funny, I had to take a picture with my phone. I hope you can see it. Ok, it's too far away to see but here is what it says:

(Whoever)'s Art; Tattoos while you wait!

Since I hate waiting, I won't be going there anytime soon!

No comments: